VPK is OPEN for Registration at the ELC of Manatee County and we are now enrolling for the new school year that starts on August 13th 2018.
TO REGISTER FOR VPK IN MANATEE COUNTY:
The parent or guardian with whom the child lives must REGISTER ONLINE in order to receive a Certificate of Eligibility (COE). The following documents are required to prove a child's age and residency:
Proof of Child's Age: (One of the following)
- An original or certified copy of the child’s birth record filed according to law with the appropriate public officer
- A passport or certificate of the child’s arrival in the United States
- An immunization record a public health officer or licensed practicing physician signed.
- A valid military dependent identification card.
Proof of Child's Residency: (One of the following) P.O. BOXES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE
- Utility bill (electric, gas, water), cable, or home phone bill
- Pay stub
- Residential rental agreement or receipt from rental payment
- Government-issued document (e.g., Florida driver's license, Florida identification card, property tax assessment showing a homestead exemption)
Voluntary Prekindergarten (VPK) is a free program designed to prepare four-year-old children for kindergarten and build the foundation for their educational success. VPK is available to all four year olds born on or before September 1st that reside in Florida, regardless of family income.
School Year Program
- 540 instructional hours
- Class sizes not to exceed 20 students
- Instructors must have a Birth through Five Florida Child Care Professional Credential and complete special training on early literacy performance standards
- A typical class begins in August
Sign up for Toad Hall now and experience our amazing VPK program